- Government of New Brunswick: https://www2.gnb.ca/
- Canadian Mental Health Association: cmhanb.ca
- Crisis Line: YouthInBC or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ending Violence Association of BC
- MCC, Abbotsford hosts separate groups for men and women focusing on healthy relationships.
- Women’s Group: “When Love Hurts”
- Men’s Group: “Home
- Improvement: Men in Relationship”
For Information Contact: Elsie Goerzen at email@example.com
Books to Consider
- How Can I Forgive You? by Janis Abrahms, 2004, HarperCollins, New York, NY.
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman & Nan Silver, 2015, Three Rivers Press, New York.
- Hold Me Tight by Dr. Sue Johnson, 2008, Little, Brown and Company
- Resurrecting Sex by David Schnarch, 2002, HarperCollins Publishers, New York.
- What Makes Love Last? How to Build Trust and Avoid Betrayal by John Gottman and Nan Silver, 2012, Simon & Schuster.
- Battered Into Submission by James and Phyllis Alsdurf, 1998. InterVarsity Press, Downer’s Grove, Illinois.
- When Dad Hurts Mom by Lundy Bancroft, 2004, Berkley Books, New York.
- Why Does He Do That? by Lundy Bancroft, 2002, Berkley Books, New York.
- No Place For Abuse: Biblical and Practical Resources to Counteract.
- Domestic Violence by Catherine Clark Kroeger and Nancy Nason-Clark, 2010, InterVarsity Press, Downer’s Grove, Illinois.
- When Love Hurts by Jill Cory & Karen McAndless-Davis, 2008, Womankind Press, New Westminster, BC.
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans, 2010, Adams Media, Avon, Mass.
- The River Within by Jeff Imbach, 1998, NavPress, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Abba’s Child by Brennan Manning, 2002 NavPress, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Breathing Under Water: Spirituality and the Twelve Steps by Richard Rohr, 2011 Franciscan Media, Cincinnati, OH.
- Developing Positive Self Esteem and Wholehearted Living.
- The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie, 1990, Hazelden, Center City MN.
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown, 2010, Hazelden, Center City, Minn.
- I Thought it Was Just Me (but it isn’t) by Brene Brown, 2007, Gotham Books, New York.
- Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns, 1999, HarperCollins, New York NY.
- Boundariesby Henry Cloud and John Townsend, 1992, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- The Dance Of Connection by Harriet Lerner, 2001, HarperCollins, New York.
- Daring Greatly: How the courage to be Vulnerable transforms the way we Live, Love, Parent and Lead by Brene Brown, 2012, Gotham.
- The Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner, 2014, William Morrow Paperbacks (HarperCollins).”
For an initial consultation to determine whether I am the best fit for you, please call contact me at 604-710-7059 or 506-372-5114